Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tu-be or not Tu-be


So I like to watch TV(and movies). A lot. I'm not proud of it but I can watch TV or movies for hours without even thinking about it (which is why we did not and will not get cable at our house, plus it costs money). However it has come to my attention that there is hardly anything worth watching on TV (after spending some time watching it). At least not enough to occupy my time for as long as I sometimes let it. So as of yesterday I have created a new rule for me in ("in" not "and")my house. I am only allowed to watch TV after I have read for at least 1 hour (this includes watching movies and playing video games also). The idea is that if I start my night by reading I might not even get to the watching. There is so much that I could be and should be reading and I always seem to put it off. I have officially made it a priority. All of you who think that it is pretty sad that I have to make this rule for myself...I think you are probably right. Last night was my first attempt at reading before watching and it was a success. I actually read for more than an hour and am on my way to finishing a book that I have been sporadically reading and starting over but never finishing for the last year. It's so embarassing to admit that. However, I cannot go back and change my mistakes and failures of the past, but I can make the effort to correct them for the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have recently found my long lost love for reading... it's pretty amazing how easy it is to get caught up in a good book.

Anonymous said...

Reading is good... Now I think about it, I should finish Wide Awake by Erwin McManus...

Anonymous said...

you have made me proud!