Thursday, October 30, 2008

I love being a pastor!

There are a lot of things that I like to do. At least that's MY perception of myself, perhaps I am actually more of a stick in the mud...but anyway one of the things that I love to do is my job. I just moved to Troy, MI and started my new job as the Student Ministries Pastor. I cannot even believe how amazing the students are here. Each one of them has so many talents and gifts and hurts and insecurities and so much potential. I want nothing more than for them to see that potential and see the limitlessness of God. I love watching God change lives. I love to see hearts changed and brokenness restored. I love to communicate God's love to others. I love being a pastor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Pastor Loving Pastor...

Anonymous said...

great fred... you make me want to be a youth pastor even more.

Anonymous said...

i don't think you're a stick in the mud pastor fred... i think it's good to balance spontaneity with a little caution! and i knew you'd love being a pastor... you've been doing it for a few years now! (and you're good at it)
ps have you used the skiing illustration yet?

Anonymous said...

That's cool...I love smoking you in NCAA!

Ashleigh said...

haha i just laughed really hard because of amy's comment about the ski illustration. All of us everfree masters commission kids can probably quote that one line for line. Good thing it was so funny. I'm glad that you are enjoying troy! I met a girl here at vfcc that goes to your church. I was really excited. There arent too many michiganders around here. Anyway keep it up pastor fred I hope to visit sometime!